Top 10 Rear Derailleurs: Editor Recommended
1. Inkesky Rear Derailleur RD-TZ31-A 6/7 Speed Direct Mount for Mountain Bike
- [IMPORTANT] It’s Direct Mount Rear Derailleur for Mountain Bike, not Hanger mount
- Tourney (SIS), Compatible with 6/7 Speed Chain, for MTB
- Specifications: Total capacity 34T , Largest sprocket 28T , Smallest sprocket 14T, Front chainwheel tooth difference 20T.
2. SRAM GX 2×10 Rear Derailleur, Type 2.1 with 10 Speed Performance – Medium Cage, Black
- EXACT ACTUATION – 1:1 actuation ratio for shifter cable travel: derailleur movement offers precise and dependable 10-speed performance
- ROLLER BEARING CLUTCH – Type 2.1 technology eliminates derailleur bounce and chain slap without sacrificing precision
- CAGE LOCK – Type 2.1 technology in the rear derailleur makes wheel removal and installation, and chain installation faster and simpler
- DIRECT ROUTE – Cable routes directly to the actuation mechanism to product more power with less friction and less effort
- CAGE LENGTH – GX 2×10 rear derailleur is compatible with a 36-tooth cassette and is available in three cage lengths, short, medium and long
3. Shimano RDM310DL Altus GS 7/8-speed Rear Der Black,Long Cage
- Chain Wrap Capacity: 43teeth, Derailleur Action: Top-Normal (Traditional)
- Derailleur Color: black, Drivetrain Spacing: Shimano/SRAM 8, Largest Cog: 34teeth
- Shifter/Rear Derailleur : Shimano, Speeds: 8sp, Weight: 326g
4. SRAM Force22 Rear Derailleur, 11-Speed Medium Cage
- Extended B-Knuckle for improved clearance for 28t cassettes
- Exact Actuation shifting provides fast, accurate shifts
- Outside Carbon Cage designed for precise chain management and new reduced profile inner cage
- AeroGlide Pulleys with steel bearings
- Weight: 178g (short cage)
5. SHIMANO Ultegra R8000 Short-Cage Rear Derailleur Short
- Stable Shifting Performance
- Shimano Shadow Construction
- Low profile rear design
- Uses up to an 11-30T cassette
6. BATULLO Rear Derailleur RD-TY300 6/7/8 Speed Direct Mount/Hanger Mount for Mountain Bike
- 🚲[installation tutorial-1]: apply solid grease to the lock point of the rear hook claw first, so as to make the installation more smooth and avoid damage to the lock point. Note: ty300 is only suitable for 6 / 7 speed mountain bike, and cannot be installed on 8 / 9 speed mountain bike, which will cause damage.
- 🚲[installation tutorial-2]: confirm that there is mutual stop between the rear locking screw and the rear claw, and then lock the rear transmission with a 5mm hexagon wrench.
- 🚲[installation tutorial-3]: use a 2.5mm Allen wrench to adjust the H screw so that the tooth tip of the upper guide wheel is aligned with the outside of the minimum flywheel tooth tip.
- 🚲[installation tutorial-4]: move the rear transmission to the maximum flywheel, adjust the L screw with a 2.5mm Allen wrench, so that the tooth tip of the upper guide wheel is aligned with the outside of the tooth tip of the largest flywheel.
- 🚲[installation tutorial-5]: use a 2.5mm Allen wrench to adjust the tension screw B, so that the distance between the upper guide wheel and the tooth tip of the largest flywheel can not be less than 6mm.
7. SRAM X.4 Rear Derailleur (Black, Long Cage)
- Cage Lengths: SGS-long, Capacity: 45T, Derailleur Action: Top-Normal (Traditional)
- Derailleur Color: black, Drivetrain Spacing: Shimano/SRAM 9, Largest Cog: 34teeth, Min/Max: 11/34T
- Shifter/Rear Derailleur : SRAM 1:1, Speeds: 7/8sp, Speeds: 8sp, Speeds: 9sp, Weight: 310g
8. SRAM GX 1×11 X-Horizon Rear Derailleur for 11 Speed – Long Cage, Red
- X Horizon – Design for a quicker, more exact shifting. Limits all movement to horizontal axis to reduce shifting force and make ghost shifting impossible
- X Sync -12-tooth pulley wheels provide the highest level of performance and durability, help manage a deflected chain and are designed with mud-clearing recesses
- X Actuation – Cable pull ratio developed specifically for SRAM 1x to keep shifting sharp and consistent across the entire cassette
- Roller Bearing Clutch – Eliminates derailleur bounce and chain slap without sacrificing precision, delivering maximum drivetrain stability
- Cage Lock – Technology in the rear derailleur makes wheel removal and installation, and chain installation faster and simpler